Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Who loves breakfast for dinner?!

Here is one meal I will never need a guideline for…. eggs!! The night before, David and I were discussing what we wanted to do for dinner the next night (one of our many nightly conversations!). I like to plan dinners ahead since I’m always cooking. It makes the process a little more convenient :) I suggested eggs and then suddenly David had a craving for a Southwestern omelet.

Ta-da!! Edy’s Cheesy Southwestern Omelet with a side of pan fried hash browns. Yum! Inside the omelet I added fresh bell pepper and Chile pepper, homemade taco seasoning and of course, CHEESE. And as you can see from the photo, I topped the omelet with a generous amount of cheese as well as fresh salsa (from Sam’s club) and a dollop of sour cream. I was “right on” with Davie’s taste buds!! I did follow a recipe for the hash browns though – I had never made them before! I used a new cookbook I bought (that supports breast cancer) and they turned out delicious!

By the way, if some of you are wondering why I put “Edy’s” in my recipe name, it’s because David calls me Edy. Honestly, when I hear him say “Rachel” I feel like I am in trouble and did something wrong! The name Edy stuck because my middle name is Edith, which I have never been quite fond of (it just sounds so old-ladyish!). I am finally okay with my middle name though after my best friend and sister decided to pick up old lady names to make me feel better. Yes, Heather is Edna and Michelle is Esther. Thanks ladies! I love you guys!! We even made t-shirts one time with our “old lady” names on them! David thought it would be funny to try to annoy me since I call him “Davie” so he started calling me “Edy.” So when you are ever around the two of us, all you will hear is Davie or Edy.

By the way, I just want to say thank you to everyone who have been following my blogs! I love that I have your support and that I can share my passion with you! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or think of something new I should try! Thank you again!

3 comments:

  1. ok what time do you guys eat dinner every night? I think you need to set an extra place at the table for me the next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome to come on over anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE brinner. Hash browns are awesome. I've never been good with scrambled eggs, so I'm scared to try to make an omelet. Yours looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete