Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

What did you make?!

I know what some of you are probably thinking… “TOFU??!! Yuck!” But it is actually very good if you know how to cook it right. And it helps that you grew up eating delicious tofu soup that mom always made :) So I decided to make Coconut Curry Tofu. Indeed it was very tasty! Unfortunately David wasn’t brave enough to try this concoction but it turned out very good. I decided to try this recipe by trusting the reviews that had been posted for it. Allrecipes.com is normally where I get great recipes from – sometimes I get ideas to modify the recipes more to my liking too.


The sauce was not spicy like most curry dishes and it gave the tofu and vegetables a nice light flavor. I will have to say though, I’m not the biggest fan of mushrooms but a simple substitution like zucchini works wonders! Oh and an important note – when using Bok Choy, only use the leaves! The stem, which looks similar to celery, is tasteless. Hey, ya live and ya learn!

So I tend to always make enough food for an army (at least I am a fan of freezing single-portion meals), and last night I definitely estimated the amount wrong. Here I am with this large skillet hoping I’m going to fit everything into it, and of course the next thing I know, my skillet is overflowing! I’m thinking “How could my skillet be too small?!” So I transferred everything to a Dutch oven pot and luckily my mess was not as bad as it could have been. I think I may be queen of DISASTER (I’m sure there are a few of those queens out there though!). And soon enough I will be able to share a wonderful/humorous story with you throughout this blog. Some kind of mess is bound to happen when I'm around!

If anyone is interested in trying this I can post the recipe! Let me know :) I’m having leftovers tonight and I’m thinking of serving it over a bit of brown rice. I can imagine that the coconut curry sauce will flavor the rice nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment