Well... let me tell you... I LOVE hummus! And I found a great recipe in Veganomicon that I insist on sharing with you all! This is a classic recipe that is just perfect with fresh veggies! I also used this hummus recipe in my Too Good-To-Be-True, Healthy Nori Rolls! Yum, yum, yum!
Veganomicon's Hummus Recipe:
- 2 (15-oz) cans chickpeas (I used slightly more than this, one 15-oz can and one 19-oz can)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Paprika (optional)
- Puree half of the chickpeas and olive oil in a food processor by pulsing serveral times and stirring a few times in between.
- Add the remaining chickpeas and olive oil, as well as the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, water, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse several times and stir, until the desired creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips or use as a spread on a sandwhich.