Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

A lil’ bit o’ peanut butter with your brownie!


Ok! Never tried this before and honestly, I thought it would be a little too much for a simple brownie, but GEEZ-OH-MAN…. YUM! Here we have it – homemade fudgy brownies with Reese’s peanut butter chips topped with creamy peanut butter frosting – delicious! The frosting was perfect – not too sweet and perfect for this kind of brownie!


Now of course I should tell you about some kind of disaster, right? Thought you’d never ask! No problem with the brownies, but the frosting was another story! Well I thought I was going about making the frosting the smart way by using my KitchenAid mixer. And I was… but I decided to add the confectioner’s sugar to the bowl while it was mixing…. The next thing I know, my measuring cup gets stuck between the inside of the bowl and the beater and POOF! A big white cloud of confectioner’s sugar! Woohoo! Go me! I knew I could do it. Powder all over my clothes, all other the KitchenAid, countertop and even the floor (Bella was trying to be a mop for me… how thoughtful)… and 15 minutes later I noticed it all over the wall, in clumps! I mean if anyone would do it, it would be me. All David could hear coming from the kitchen was “Oh No!”, “Crap!”, “It’s all over me!” and so on… you get the gist!

David and I got into them shortly after making them up… amazing and perfect with a glass of milk! We took these to work and school (or else we most likely would have eaten them all last night)– BIG HIT! Ooooh gotta love sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment