Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Healthy Guacamole!

If anyone watches Bravo then I’m sure you have seen Bethany Frankel! Honestly, when I first saw her in “Bethany Getting Married” and “Real housewives of NYC,” I didn’t know who she was and just thought she was one of those crazy ladies who loved to bring drama. So I Googled her and found out she is a natural foods chef! Now I’m interested! All though I don’t mind her shows either! I checked out her website though and found this recipe called “Low Fat Mock-a-Mole.” Just a healthier kind of guacamole that can be served with tortilla chips, fresh vegetables, or even a spread for fajitas! Delish!

So of course while I’m making up this dip, I’m bound to come across some issue, right? I mean, GEEZ-OH-MAN, do you know who this is?! Here I am running down the list of ingredients the recipe is calling for while I’m chopping and mashing away and I realize I have no ONION!! Ahh! To me, I’m thinking, “Oh my gosh, I’m totally not prepared, this is not like me….” So I decide to pull a first and text my neighbor, Jennifer, to see if she by any chance has an onion! Have you ever done that before? Asked a neighbor for an ingredient? I feel like I was bringing back something from “back then!” Haha. Unfortunately she didn’t have one, so me being lazy and not wanting to run to the store really quick in the middle of making this recipe and David busy with the grill, I decided that I would settle for onion powder (even though I’ve been on this kick with fresh produce and herbs). AND THEN!! Before I made the next move, I get a text from Jennifer saying she’s running to the store since she needs an onion too and will pick me up one! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU JENNIFER!! I really do have some great neighbors! Jennifer saved the day and my healthy guacamole turned out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment