Raw Banana Nut Bars (Original Recipe)
For the Crust:
- 1 cup finely ground rolled oats (from about 1 1/3 cup rolled oats)
- 1 cup finely ground raw almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 cup finely ground raw cashews
- 3 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Medjool Dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut manna (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line an 8x8 Pyrex dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the finely ground rolled oats, ground almonds, Medjool dates and sea salt. Gently pulse until combined. Add the agave nectar and orange juice, gently pulsing until the the mixture just holds together but is not wet. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and place in the freezer while moving on to the next step.
- To make the banana filling: In a blender or food processor, blend all of the ingredients except for the chopped walnuts until creamy. Stir in the chopped walnuts by hand. Take the prepared pan out of the freezer and pour the banana filling on top of the crust. Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Press the remaining crust mixture on top of the banana mixture, then return the pan to the freezer for 1 hour more. Serve cold.