Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Ugly Little Vegan Pizza

Every Sunday we have dinner with David's mom and I like to change up our meals once in a while. Well, this past sunday was homemade pizza! Of course, since I've been all about veganism these past few weeks, I decided to come up with a special pizza for myself. It didn't turn out too pretty, but I had to share it with you because it was DELCIOUS! I had this three nights in a row and by the third night, I was still craving more!

Here's how my ugly little vegan pizza was made:
  1. Herb Crust Pan Pizza: Thanks to VegWeb!
  2. Sauce: a combination of tomato sauce, tomato paste, and italian seasoning
  3. Sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water for 15-20 minutes
  4. Thinly-sliced green bell pepper and red onion, sauteed in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
  5. Tofu Ricotta: Thanks to Veganomicon!
  6. Tofu pepperoni: Sold in local grocery stores!
  7. Cheezy Sauce: Again, thanks to Veganomicon!
I placed the pizza dough into an 8x8 Pyrex dish, then layered it with the rest of the ingredients. I happened to have leftover cheezy sauce from the first time I made it, which I had froze. So I decided to use it on my pizza; I thawed it out, reheated it, then poured it over the top of the pizza. I baked the pizza at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Delicious, yet ugly!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... that looks good! I'm really impressed by how creative and adventurous you've been with the vegan food! I haven't made a vegan pizza or calzone in a while. :) I may have to again soon. I think I mentioned this before, but Isa has a recipe for pizza in Vegan with a Vengeance. It's amazing! Tofu ricotta and basil pesto along with vegetable toppings. You don't miss the cheese in that one! :)

    And I don't think your pizza is ugly--it just doesn't look like pizza! I think it looks more like a casserole or a lasagna.

    ReplyDelete