Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 15, 2011 Recipe #1: Blueberry Lemon Muffins

The very first recipe of The 2011 Cookbook Challenge! Yay! Blueberry Lemon Muffins!

Okay, so I kind of cheated... rather than start with the first page number listed from the random sequence generator, I picked this recipe... ONLY because I had some blueberries I needed to use. But from here on out I give you my word that I will be making the recipes that fall on the page numbers given by the random sequence generator! I didn't have to tell you I cheated but I felt guilty for listing a rule I already failed! David has called me a "goober" for mentioning this to all of you. Hey, at least I'm honest!
Breakfast: A blueberry lemon muffin with fresh fruit!

Well the blueberry muffins passed! They were delicious! I did however make a few little changes. The addition of cinnamon into the batter was wonderful and I doubled up the amount of lemon extract, instead of using  lemon zest the recipe had called for. I also couldn't resist sprinking a little cinnamon-sugar mix on top of the batter before popping them into the oven. Amazing! I decided to change the baking temperature too, which originally called for 400 degrees F. In my opinion, and with experience, muffins should be baked at 350 or 375 degrees F. A couple of months ago I baked muffins at 400 degrees F and after carefully watching them and making sure the inside of the batter was cooked enough, they ended up being a little more well done on the outside than I would have liked. Unfortunately, I haven't had a good experience using that temperature for muffins.

But cheers to the first recipe being a hit! I will be happen to post the recipe if anyone is interested! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Chris's favorite muffins are blueberry and lemon poppy seed. He would LOVE these. I think I'll have to ask you for the recipe sometime when I want to make him something special. Like a pre-finals pick me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! We love lemon muffins and have never paired them with blueberries - sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be happy to send the recipe! These were so good. David took them to work with him today to give to the guys... he said they were gone in no time! And David said he really liked them too!

    The citrus paired great with the blueberries!

    ReplyDelete