Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken and Rice Bake

So I've been trying all of these "vegan" recipes lately, but I haven't forced David to eat them after his initial impression of tofu. He really hasn't had any GREAT meals though, so I decided to look and see what I could make for him.

I happened to be in luck and have all of the ingredients for Chicken and Rice Bake that I found at Campbell's Kitchen. I added vegetables and other seasonings to make this dish a tad more exciting! Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1-1/3 cup water
  • 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 2-3 celery stalks, died
  • 1 medium carrot, diced
  • 1/2 - 1 cup broccoli, chopped
  • 1/2 - 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
  • 3-4 (1-1/4 lbs) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Stir all of the ingredients except the chicken in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the chicken. Season with additional paprika, salt and black pepper. Cover the baking dish.
  3. Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.

1 comment: