Welcome to my very first cookbook challenge! While Mr. and Mrs. J. came for a New Year’s visit, we talked about doing a cookbook challenge, similar to the movie Julie and Julia, starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. Honestly, that movie is the reason why I started my own blog, For the Love of Food! Mr. and Mrs. J. were challenged to do all of the recipes in Veganomicon. Take a look, they have already begun!
I, on the other hand, really wanted to brainstorm a little before I chose the cookbook for this challenge. Now, of course all of you know, or should know by now, I have an incredibly gigantic sweet tooth and I LOVE to bake! So I knew I wanted to do this challenge with baking. But what cookbook would I decide on? Well my New Year’s resolution was to begin making healthier desserts. Still delicious, but a little nicer to those hips!
The Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets by Colleen Patrick-Groudreau was the winner! Perfect!
Here are the rules I’m making for my cookbook challenge…
- Make EVERY recipe in the book.
- SLIGHTLY modify the recipe for personal taste or enhanced health benefits.
- Blog about every recipe, but only post the recipes through the request of readers.
- Make at least one recipe a week.
- Recipe order: Provided by the Random Sequence Generator.
- Goal: To finish the cookbook by the end of 2011.