|The newest grad, Liz, and her proud auntie, Arabrab!|
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, divided plus more for kneading!
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
|Birthday girl cutting the cake and smirking |
because of something Arabrab said!
So I began looking for a new recipe and after hours of searching for the right one, I found it!!
The Perfect Frosting for Red Velvet Cake (click link to view website)
Beautiful Thick White Frosting
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 egg whites (at room temperature)
- Combine sugar, cream of tartar, salt and water in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is clear. Cook until mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer (soft ball stage).
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Let mixer continue to run and slowly pour the sugar mixture in a thin stream down the side of the mixer bowl (don't let the sugar mixture come into contact with the beaters). Continue beating until stiff peaks form and frosting thickens to desired consistency.