Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

I recently found out one of my neighbor's is going to be having a baby girl! Totally excited for her, I wanted to do something special. I just think making baked goods for others is so much fun! I love to share my passion with others and they always make great little gifts!

I remembered I had some leftover buttermilk in the fridge from previously making red velvet cake to celebrate Liz's graduation and birthday. So I thought, PERFECT... I will make red velvet cupcakes! This time I had the right amount of red food coloring (2 oz) to go into the recipe though!

I decided to go with a cream cheese frosting, compared to the previous frosting I used (beautiful thick white frosting). Yum! I made up a cute little plate for my neighbor and delivered it to her shortly after! She was definitely surprised! I'm glad she was happy though! Since it was just before Christmas too, I decorated the rest of the cupcakes with holiday sprinkles, which went to another neighbor and David's work! Everyone loved them- so sweet, moist, and delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment