- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Simmer flax seeds and water in a saucepan for about 5 minutes (or less or more time depending on the amount you are making) or until thick, egg-like consistency has been reached.
- Let cool before using in a recipe.
- 2 T + 1 cup oats
- 1 ⅓ cups oats, ground
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz nonfat yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup honey
- Simmer water and flax seeds in a saucepan for approximately 5 minutes (may require less time) or until a thick, egg-like consistancy has been reached. Let the mixture cool before using it in the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flax seed mixture, 1 cup of oats, yogurt, honey, and applesauce until well blended.
- Gently add the dry flour mixture into the wet yogurt mixture and stir to combine (do not overmix)
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.