Jumbo Double Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and candy canes. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield: Well, that's a tough one... it depends on how big or small you want your cookies to be. I wanted my extra large so I did not end up with as many :)