With a passion for cooking, I will take you on a journey to exploring different and new recipes with hopes of eventually coming up with original recipes to call my own. With your support I am hoping to gain the inspiration to create amazing dishes to pass on to others!
I am always open for requests! Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, requests, I would love to hear!
This time the request was simply chocolate chip muffins. I found a basic recipe that worked out great! I really think you can make many variations with this kind of muffin recipe. Just play around with it using different flavors and add-ins! The chocolate chip muffins turned out nicely and made our townhome smell lovely! I love to sprinkle raw sugar cane crystals over the top of the batter before popping the pan in the oven. This creates a hardened, sweet top – yum, yum, yum!
If you want to see the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Chip-Muffins/Detail.aspx
Here is the recipe with the few alterations I made:
Chocolate Chip Muffins
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup white sugar
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 egg
• 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Raw sugar cane crystals (Demerara Sugar)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil, vanilla and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
3. Fill cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with raw sugar.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.