Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A new kind of salad, full of flavor!

So I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. Recently, I have been a little more daring with flavor though! Crazy how herbs and spices can really make a dish top notch, huh?!

I have been following the blogs of many cooks/chefs these days, most of them vegan, but friendly for all eaters!  I am always finding recipes "I just have to try!". Holy Cow Vegan Recipes has some great recipes, which is where I found strawberry avocado black bean salad! Not only are her recipes different, but they are delicious and fun! Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!

Strawberry Avocado Black Bean Salad

Ingredients

For the salad:
  • 1 cup strawberries, quartered
  • 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
  • 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 bunch scallions, chopped
For the dressing:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • A pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1 tbsp agave nectar
  • Salt, to taste
Directions
  1. Mix the ingredients for the dressing together.
  2. Place all the prepared vegetables and beans in a bowl. Drizzle the dressing over, and mix.
  3. Serve at room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I just made the quinoa, blackbean, mango salad from Veganomicon (with alterations) and it was super good. :) I think this one looks like it would be fun too. I want to try to do more salad-type foods in the summer to help with the heat.

    ReplyDelete